Celebrated worldwide on March 8, International Women’s Day aims to raise awareness and promote women in society. In 2022, the CMA CGM Group is reiterating its commitment to equality and diversity around the UN theme #BreakTheBias.
Gender equality at the heart of the Group’s Diversity strategy
This commitment and the actions carried out over the past several years are fully aligned with the values promoted by the Group.
In 2021, various measures have been implemented to strengthen professional equality and parity within the teams:
- Systematic and regular actions to raise employee awareness and promote diversity and inclusion have been initiated through two mandatory training courses for all Group employees.
- A digital “C-Box Diversity” has been made accessible to employees working from home, to identify potential situations of discrimination and to plan concrete actions within the teams.
- The CMA CGM Group now has 33% women on its Executive Committee, 32% women managers, and we scored 84/100 on the gender equality index (France).
- While this two-point increase illustrates our commitment to gender parity at all levels of the Group, we are aware that much remains to be done to continue to progress. Therefore, the Group has set ambitious targets for 2022.
- In 2022, the Group is extending the “We Are Shipping” program, renamed “We are Shipping & Logistics”. This program aims to promote female leadership within the Group and increase gender diversity in key positions, via coaching sessions, co-development workshops and networking times. Since 2018, the program has accompanied 113 women in their professional careers through 8 promotions in France, Lebanon, Asia, and the United Kingdom,
- Launch of training and awareness videos on unconscious bias. These are intended for all Group recruiters and managers, and will help them to select candidates objectively to promote diversity within our teams,
- The integration of an “inclusive leader” diversity module in leadership programs and training dedicated to parity and equal opportunities,
- An ambition to double the number of women in the Top 200 by 2025,
- 2 additional women nominated to the Executive Committee of our CEVA Logistics subsidiary in 2022, bringing the proportion of women in this body to 26%.
Shipping News You Would Like:
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Latest Shipping News You Would Like:
Get the Latest Maritime News Delivered to Your Inbox!
Our free, fast, and fun newsletter on the global maritime industry, delivered everyday.