Ship-themed buildings are fascinating works of architecture we all love. If you hail from the maritime industry, coming across ship-shaped structures on land evokes a feeling of nostalgia or a sense of belonging which brings you closer to your profession.
Seafarers (At least a majority of them) love to have their houses designed and decorated like the ships they work on. They also love to visit places on land which make them connect to their profession in any way possible.
In this article, we have taken the amazing recycled ship houses a step further. If you are one of those who like everything nautical, make sure to visit these amazing ship-themed buildings if you every go to that part of the world.
1. Klimahaus Bremerhaven 8 Ost, a centre in Bremerhaven, Germany – The Climate House 8 ° East is a ship-shaped scientific exhibition center in Bremerhaven and offers its visitors the possibility of a virtual trip around the world along the 8th eastern longitude .
2. Coca-Cola Building, Los Angeles, California – The Coca-Cola Building is a Coca-Cola bottling plant modeled as a Streamline Moderne building designed by architect Robert V. Derrah with the appearance of a ship with portholes, catwalk and a bridge.
3. Safety First Shiphaus, Batuan, Bohol, Philippines – A ship-shaped housed in Philippines. The owners seem to be real believers of “safety-first” on ships.
4. Ministry of Defense Building in Abuja, Nigeria: The Ministry of Defence building in the “Aso Rock” district of Abuja. Also known locally as “Ship House” due to its flamboyant design.
5. The House of Five Continents, Antwerpen, Belgium
The House of Five Continents building was commissioned by the shipbuilder P. Rouis who added a ship’s bow to the original design of the architect, F. Smet-Verhas. This remarkable feature has given the houses the nickname ‘the little boat’.
6. A house in Fernandina Beach, Florida – A house in the shape of ship somewhere in Fernandina Beach, Florida
7. A Ship House between Fier and Berat in Albania – A beautiful house somewhere in Albania.
8. A Villa in Marseille, France – A ship-themed Villa in Marseille, France.
9. A Ship House in Derrynane Beach, Ireland
10. Somewhere in Croatia
11. A Ship Restaurant, Chengdu, China
12. Aquatic Park Bathhouse Building (now the San Francisco Maritime Museum), San Francisco, California
13. The Sun Cruise Resort, South Korea
Do you know about any other ship-themed buildings? Let us know in the comments below.
Get the Latest Maritime News Delivered to Your Inbox!
Our free, fast, and fun newsletter on the global maritime industry, delivered everyday.