About the Event
The Future-Ready Shipping Conference 2017 – the joint Singapore-IMO International Conference on Maritime Technology Transfer and Capacity-Building.
While great technological advances have been made towards achieving sustainable shipping, a gap remains between such advances and their widespread uptake. Technology-transfer and deployment need to be fast-tracked to support the effective implementation of requirements for ships’ energy efficiency under MARPOL Annex
Now in its 2nd edition, the Future-Ready Shipping 2017 Conference – jointly organised by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) and the International Maritime Organization (IMO) – will again gather maritime leaders with a view to catalysing information exchange and fostering a culture of cross-boundary collaboration.
The Conference is structured into four main sessions. It will identify priority areas for international action on maritime technology cooperation and capacity building and encourage an exchange of best practices and ideas in technology transfer. It will showcase existing technology collaborations among various stakeholders and provide a platform for ship owners, port authorities and terminal operators to present and share their sustainability stories.
- Latest trends in maritime and port energy efficient technologies, and R&D
- Challenges – financing models, regulatory framework, and market access
- Case studies of existing technology collaborations
- Potential solutions to meeting countries’ needs in capacity-building and technology transfer
- Future roles of governments, industry, maritime training institutions and multilateral networks for the increased take-up of maritime technologies for sustainable shipping
Date: Sep 25 2017 – Sep 26 2017
Venue: Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, Singapore
For more information visit Here