Marine Insight is proud to announce the launch for the new handy and downloadable eBook – A Complete Guide to Travel Safety for Seafarers, a guide which has been specially written by a seafarer (Chief Officer), for the seafarers!
Click here to know more about the New Guide.
A career in merchant navy requires seafarers to travel continuously by various means of transport. Maritime professionals are frequent travelers who are constantly visiting new new countries and meeting people from different cultures.
Though all these might sound extremely glamorous, the truth is that seafarers are always at danger while visiting new countries because of several unknown factors. Travelling to unknown countries with totally different laws and culture pose a certain kind of threat to seafarers, who are more often than not unaware of such dangers.
We often get questions from seafarers such as:
- How do I plan for my first sailing? What should I carry and what should I not while traveling?
- Is a particular country safe for travelers? What should I be careful of?
- Should I carry a credit card of my own?
- What should I do if I lost or misplaced my luggage?
- Whom should I contact in case of emergency?
- Are there organizations abroad to help seafarers in difficulties?
- What all documents should I always have on myself?
- How should I ensure that my employer is concerned about my safety in foreign land?
- Should I carry cash? If yes, then how much?
- How to travel light with minimum baggage?
- Am I required to carry a travel insurance?
- What should I do to ensure my personal safety and security?
and many more…
The point is many of these questions that are asked to us are not just by young seafarers but also by experienced maritime personnel who are frequent fliers. There is a lot of confusion among seafarers when it comes to travelling to new countries. Moreover, it’s imperative that they clear all their doubts and be extremely well prepared for any kind of situations in new lands and at the sea.
Considering all the factors mentioned above and based on our personal experiences, Marine Insight has launched a new, handy guide – A complete guide to travel safety for seafarers.
The eBook has been written by the very experienced Chief Officer, Bikram Singh, who is also an avid traveller, a backpacker,and a certified diver.
Learn more about the eBook here
The eBook Comes with FREE Travel Checklists for Seafarers
This guide is a one-stop resource for seafarers for information, tips, and guidance required to ensure personal safety while traveling. The eBook covers a variety of topics such as:
- How seafarers should do travel planning?
- Assessing the travel risks
- Passport and Identification – Do’s and Don’ts
- Currency and Credit cards – Do’s and Don’ts
- Important Emergency information
- Tacking Emergency situation
- Tips for booking hotels
- Handling Legal issues
- General precautions
- Miscellaneous travel tips
and much more..
This instantly downloadable eBook is a must have for seafarers and constant travelers in order to assist them in dealing with any kind of unknown situation while travelling, ensuring their personal safety and security.
Learn about all the necessary information that you must know while travelling as a seafarer.