Marine Insight is launching a new FREE ebook – A Guide to Ship’s Electro-Technology – Part 1 (for electrical officers and marine engineers.)
The ebook answers some of the most common electrical technology questions and issues that are asked by shipping professionals.
The downloadable guide explains the following topics:
1. Electricity on ships – Purpose
- Power Generation
- High Voltage Systems
- Electrical Propulsion Systems
2. Electrical Instruments
- Construction and Working – Megger
- Permanent Magnet Moving Coil (PMMC) – Working and Application
- Rectifier and Rectifier Circuits
- Amplifier and Amplifier Circuits
3. Electrical Safety
- Safety Devices on Main Switch Board
- Electrical Fire and Insulation
- Generator Safety
- Blackout Situations
4. Electrical Maintenance
- Earth Fault
- Electrical Relay Maintenance
- Electrical Motor Overhauling
- Electrical Starter Panel Routine
- Busbar Maintenance
- Alternator Maintenance
Download your Free copy by signing-up.
(If you are already a Marine Insight subscriber, please check your inbox for our mail to download the ebook.)
Raunek Kantharia is a marine engineer turned maritime writer and entrepreneur. After a brief stint at the sea, he founded Marine Insight in 2010. Apart from managing Marine Insight, he also writes for a number of maritime magazines and websites.
Get the Latest Maritime News Delivered to Your Inbox!
Our free, fast, and fun newsletter on the global maritime industry, delivered everyday.