The IMO infographic What does the polar code mean for ship safety?, focusing on the safety aspects of the International Code for Ships Operating in Polar Waters (Polar Code), is now available to download in Arabic, Chinese, English French, Russian and Spanish.
The Polar Code was adopted in November 2014 along with related amendments to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) to make it mandatory. Download the infographic here.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships