NEW YORK, Nov. 03, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The report segments Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Bunkering market by Mode (Ship-to-Ship, Terminal-to-Ship, Truck-to-Ship, Others), by Application (Container Vessels, Tankers Vessel, Ferries & Offshore Service Vessels, Bulk & General Cargo Vessel), by Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa (MEA), Rest of the World (RoW). The report studies the global LNG bunkering market over the forecast period (2017-2023). The market is expected to witness a CAGR of 62.5%, and is projected to reach USD 24,684.7 million by 2023. The key factors driving the growth of LNG bunkering market are increase in LNG demand in order to reduce the carbon footprint in the shipping industry stringent international emission policy, the best cost-effective alternative fuel and significant rise in government initiatives supporting LNG adoption.
LNG Bunkering is the practice of providing liquefied natural gas fuel to a ship for its own consumption. The advantage that LNG as a fuel provides is the reduction in pollutant caused by the traditional method of fuelling ships. LNG is a potential solution for meeting the demand for clean fuel requirements due to the negligible amount of sulfur content, and its combustion produces low NOx compared to fuel oil and marine diesel oil. The bunker fuel is primarily used by the marine vessels such as bulk and general cargo vessels, tankers, container ships, offshore port vessels, and ferries. The challenges that LNG bunkering market is facing the high initial infrastructure development cost and, the regulatory landscape and competition from alternative fuels.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Global Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) Market Outlook, Trend and Opportunity Analysis, Competitive Insights, Actionable Segmentation and Forecast 2023” at: http://energiasmarketresearch.com/global-lng-bunkering-market-outlook/
Key findings of the global LNG bunkering market are:
- In 2017, the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) commenced its LNG bunkering pilot project. Under the project, the MPA has provided various companies with grants of up to S$2 million per LNG-powered vessel constructed.
- In 2016, the IMO announced the effective date for the reduction of marine fuel sulphur will be 2020. Under the new global cap, ships will have to use marine fuels with a sulphur content of no more than 0.5% sulphur against the current limit of 3.5% sulphur in an effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- The ferries and offshore service vessel will dominate the LNG bunkering market during the forecast period.
- Ship-to-ship LNG bunkering market is expected to witness a CAGR of 56.0% by 2023 owing to its quick transfer operation.
- Europe with a market share of 85.0% is currently dominating the LNG bunkering market due to the presence of a majority of LNG bunkering stations in the region. Norway, with the largest number of bunkering operations dominates the LNG bunkering market in the European region.
- Asia-Pacific region backed by high marine trade is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
- The LNG bunkering market in North America is expected to be benefited owing to the decline in natural gas price in the region.
- Qatar, in Middle East and Africa region is expected to make a good business in the LNG bunkering market owing to the abundance of LNG in the region.
- As of March 2017, there are approximately 104 LNG-fuelled ships in operation and approximately 109 LNG-fuelled ships to come.
- In 2015, Gasum acquired a 51% share in Skangas pushing Gasum into the lead spot in Nordic LNG.
- The key companies dealing in LNG bunkering market are Skangas, Gazprom Neft PJSC, Royal Dutch Shell Gasum, KLAW LNG, Korea Gas Corporation, ENN Energy Prima LNG, Fjord Line, and EagleLNG.
LNG bunkering- changing industry scenario
It took centuries to evolve from coal-based fuel to oil-based fuel but the transformation from oil-based fuel to gas-based fuel will not take so long. IMO stringent emission policy will give impetus to develop LNG bunkering infrastructure worldwide. The industry is now set to resolve the structural and commercial barriers that have been obstructing the adoption of LNG as a marine fuel. Though there are alternative fuels available, LNG with cleanliness, reliable supply, and affordability fit perfectly to be used as future marine fuel. The industry is working to make LNG bunker more attractive by lowering the supply chain costs. Further, some organizations such as the Society for Gas as a Marine Fuel (SGMF) and SEA\LNG – have been formed to promote LNG as the fuel for the shipping industry and to bring investments in the LNG bunkering market. One of the sectora that will particularly gain from LNG bunkering is LNG bunkering is vessel development sector. The business in the sector will be propelled by the increased need for LNG powered vessels to be fitted with proper LNG bunkering equipment. LNG bunkering infrastructure is increasingly being developed in Asian and European countries. Some countries like Singapore, Belgium and Norway have taken the lead in developing LNG infrastructure on their ports the other countries will soon follow. Moreover, strategic development is taking place around the globe to develop LNG bunkering market, for instance, Singapore has been collaborating with ports of Rotterdam, Zeebrugge, and Antwerp in Europe to prepare common standards and rules for LNG bunkering.
LNG bunkering- regional insight
Europe is the leading LNG bunkering market. A good many ports of Europe are going through infrastructural changes to incorporate LNG bunkering facilities. Further, the European commission has announced that a huge amount of sum to come from European Union member states to develop sustainable and efficient transport infrastructure including a number of LNG bunkering projects.
Asia-Pacific is a fast developing LNG bunkering market. Growing environment concern coupled with the deadline to comply with IMO emission policy has given a stimulus to Asian countries to develop bunkering infrastructure in the region. A country such as Japan has started truck-to-ship bunkering facility at Yokohama port and is continuously developing the port to become the regional LNG hub in the near future.
North American LNG bunkering market is to be propelled by the abundance of natural gas and shale gas production in the United States. Moreover, increasing liquefaction and regasification plants have provided the U.S. to diversify the LNG market to be used as a marine fuel. Further, to meet the increasing demand for LNG bunkering U.S., Canadian regulatory bodies, and international organizations are working to develop safety and environmental standards to ensure LNG marine fuel transfer operations are conducted safely.
About Energias Market Research –
Energias Market Research launched with the objective to provide in-depth market analysis, business research solutions and consultation that is tailored for our client’s specific needs based on our impeccable research methodology.
With a wide range of expertise from various industrial sectors and more than 50 industries that includes energy, chemical and materials, information communication technology, semiconductor industries, healthcare and daily consumer goods, etc. We strive to provide our clients with a one-stop solution for all research and consulting needs.
Our comprehensive industry specific knowledge of research analyst is equipped in creating high quality global research outputs. This wide-range capability differentiates us from our competitors.
Business Development Manager
For any queries email us:firstname.lastname@example.org