BMT Nigel Gee has unveiled its latest design in partnership with Yacht Island Design. Project Utpoia, a futuristic yacht concept, breaks the traditional naval architectural mould and comes free from all conventional design concepts.
With length and breadth of 100 meters, along with 11 decks, Project Utopia is a yacht island with volume equal to any cruise liner.
The design consists of four legged platform, with each leg supporting a fully azimuthing thruster. A large central structure bisects the water surface acting as the conduit for the mooring system which is a critical element of the design, as well as housing a wet dock for access by tenders. The design also consists of multiple helicopter pads.
Of the 11 decks, the uppermost deck is covered by a retractable canopy and on the 13th floor, which is 65 m above the water surface; there is an observatory with 360 degree views.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine