The MSC Divina Cruise Ship
The MSC Divina is the 11th vessel in the MSC cruise line fleet. Classed under the cruise line’s Fantasia-cadre of ships, the Divina has re-shaped the look and feel of MSC cruises while enhancing the cruising experience of voyagers world-wide. The Divina is the biggest vessel in the MSC cruise ship fleet and is presently ranked fifth in the biggest cruise ships’ list for 2013.
The designing of the cruise ship was carried out keeping in mind the beauty and elegance of the cruise line’s godparent Sophia Loren. The reputed maritime architecture company De Jorio Designing provided the uniquely state-of-the-art designing elements for the vessel, which was also christened in the actress’s honour.
Put into operation in the year 2012, the MSC cruise ship has several incomparable features and value additions. Although it is classed under the cruise line’s highly renowned Fantasia-cadre, the MSC Divina is completely different from its other two sister ships, the MSC Splendida and the MSC Fantasia. The vessel’s technical and constructional aspects can be highlighted as thus:
- Better refining and enhancing of roominess of the existing Fantasia-cadre amenities like the Yacht Club and Aurea Spa
- GRT of almost 1, 40,000 tonnes with a voyager carrying capacitance of over 3,500 and a crewing complement of over 1,300 personnel
- Length of over 333 meters with a width of almost 38 meters and a depth of almost 67 meters
- Total area spread of about 4, 50,000 square meters with 18 decks and almost 1,800 cabin rooms with ultra-modern facilities
- Incorporation of technological systems so as to ensure better preservation of the marine ecology
- Various restaurants each with an amazing array of cuisines, coffee houses and wine lounges
- Opulent entertainment avenues like discotheques and theaters
At present the MSC cruise line vessel plies in the Mediterranean cruising route though starting from the autumn of 2013, it is expected that the Divina will be commencing operations for MSC Cruises along the Caribbean cruise route.
2013 will also see the start of the operational service of the 12th vessel of the MSC Cruises’ fleet – the MSC Preziosa which will begin her operational service from the month of March.