Metaphorically speaking, the MSC Fantasia cruise ship is the largest jewel in the crown of MSC Cruises. Launched in the year 2008, the vessel is the flag vessel of the MSC Cruise Line and is one of the two biggest vessels under its owner’s operation – the other being Fantasia’s sister vessel MSC Splendida.
The vessel’s unique Italian designing stands out making the vessel a distinct contemporary and adding newer dimensions to the term uber-luxury.
Equipped with an assortment of restaurants and lounges, spas, entertainment arenas – for both adults and youngsters and conferencing rooms, the MSC Fantasia brings about a singular ambience of recreation and relaxation.
MSC Fantasia Highlights
1. The Yacht Club: The Yacht Club of the MSC cruise vessel offers its patrons to experience the novelty of being ensconced within a separate vessel while being aboard the Fantasia. The Yacht Club has over 70 suites, offers luxurious amenities like pools, spas and massage parlours. The observatory lounge is however the icing on the Yacht Club cake.
2. MSC Aurea Spa: Patrons can enjoy exquisite personal massaging and pampering in the Aurea Spa, a MSC trademark. The Spa is equipped with the most modern treatment techniques to cater to the patrons’ needs.
3. Entertainment: Entertainment arenas include a simulating gadget for Formula One aficionados and a four-dimensional interactional cinema screen.
4. Decor: A see-through ceiling to enhance the vistas and panoramas of the patrons is yet another stellar highlight of the MSC cruise ship along with staircases set with the celebrated Swarovski stones.
- The vessel has a gross tonnage of almost 1, 38,000 tonnes with a total area of 45,000 square metres
- Lengthwise the vessel measures 333.3 metres with a breadth of 37.9 metres and a height of 66.8 metres
- Speed offered by MSC Fantasia cruise ship is 22.8 knots
- A total of 3,274 patrons can be accommodated within the cruise liner which has over 1,600 cabins
- Of the 1,674 cabins, 43 cabins have been customised to suit the needs of disabled and handicapped patrons
- A crew of over 1,300 professionals cater to the needs of the patrons and see to their requirements at all times
The MSC Fantasia initially undertook Caribbean cruises but later on started cruising to the North of the American continent. As one of Europe’s leading cruise lines, the MSC Cruise Line has endeavoured to diversify the cruising experience for Europeans. By catering to cruising in the Western part of the globe, it has sought to create a completely different kind of East-West confluence and popularise it.
References msccruises, cruisecritic
Marine Insight News Network is a premier source for up-to-date, comprehensive, and insightful coverage of the maritime industry. Dedicated to offering the latest news, trends, and analyses in shipping, marine technology, regulations, and global maritime affairs, Marine Insight News Network prides itself on delivering accurate, engaging, and relevant information.