Stena Hollandica is the world’s biggest ferry in the world and operates under the Swedish, Stena Line. The ship was launched on 16th May 2010 and in one year of its launching, has become a very popular retreat for tourists. The ship was built in the Nordic yards in Germany.
The operating route of the Stena Hollandica is between Hook to Holland and Harwich in England. The Stena Hollandica is regarded as the biggest ferry in the world because of its huge capacity to hold cargo and freight along with its big passenger carrying capacity.
Some of the highlights and features of the Stena Hollandica can be explained in detail as follows:
- The route of the ferry is:
– During mornings, the ship sails from Holland or the Netherlands, to England
– During the night, the ship sails back from England to the Hook of Holland
- Wi-Fi services are provided to the tourists on a free basis. This will help the tourists to connect with the outside world even as they enjoy a pleasant tour
- For people who are against smoking, boarding the Stena Hollandica is completely smoking free. If people want to smoke, there are specific smoke lounges where people can do so freely without bothering others
- The carrying capacity of the ferry is 1,200 passengers and a cargo of 230 cars and 300 cargo vehicles can be loaded onto the ferry
- There are 538 cabins in the ferry with over 1,300 beds in these cabins
- The dimensions of the ferry are 787 feet length wise and 95 feet width wise and its Dead Weight Tonnage (DWT) is 6155 tons
- The ferry moves at a speed of 22 knots and its gross tonnage is 63,600 tons
The quality of services provided in the ferry are so supreme that the passengers who have experienced the ferry ride claim that the services have the standard equal to the ones provided in cruise liners. The amenities offered in the ferry include a casino, a barista – also known as the coffee saloon, a playroom for children, kennels for dogs, a shopping area, a theatre and a room where internet facilities can be availed.
The fittings in the bathroom in the ferry are built of Hansgrohe which is a world class bathroom fitting company by itself. One more thing about the ferry tour is that interested people can go for a virtual tour of the ferry and then decide for themselves whether they want to book a tour or not. This factor also adds to the USP of the ferry in a very huge way which could pave the way for the ship to become even more famous in the coming days and the coming years.
For the ship’s uniqueness and singularity, it has been nominated under the Clean Ship Awards category in the Nor-Shipping Awards to be presented in Norway on the 24th May, this year. This is a very prestigious nomination for the ship.
You may also like to read-What are Hull Ferries?
Reference: stenaline, nordicyards, seaviewferries, malcolmoliver, seabreezes
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine