The Celebrity Equinox is a cruise vessel operated by Celebrity Cruise line. Built in the German shipyard Meyer Werft, the ship comes under the cadre of Solstice Class – a unique fleet consisting of five vessels that provide one-of-a-kind amenities to their patrons.
The Solstice Class operated by Celebrity Cruises in its entirety, has a fleet of five ships – three currently operating, one under construction and one which has been ordered – of which the Equinox Celebrity was the second ship to be launched. Celebrity Cruise is a division (subsidiary) of the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. a shipping conglomerate based in Miami, Florida.
The other four cruise liners under the Solstice Class are:
- The Celebrity Solstice
- The Celebrity Eclipse
- The Celebrity Silhouette (under construction)
- The Celebrity Reflection (on order)
The Equinox Celebrity celebrated its advent into the oceans on the 31st July 2009 and is a popular attraction for passengers for voyages across the Mediterranean, the Caribbean and a special trip across Europe that include cities like Florence and Venice.
The luxury cruise ship departs from Civitavecchia (Rome) for trips in the Mediterranean and Europe, while Fort Lauderdale (Florida) is the port of departure for its Caribbean itinerary. It is registered to the African nation of Malta.
The details pertaining to the ship can be enumerated below:
- Gross Tonnage: 122,000 tonnes
- Passenger Capacity: 2850
- Crew: 999
- Length: 1041 feet
- Beam: 121 feet
- Draft: 27 feet
- Speed: 24 knots
- Cabins: 1426
As is with all the Solstice Class vessels, even the Celebrity Equinox cruise ship has the characteristic mown and well-kept lawn. Known as the Lawn Club, the lawn is located on deck 15 and is a highly appreciated vista by the patrons. The Lawn club continues to be a star-studded attraction for the passengers boarding the Equinox Celebrity boasting of a hot glass studio while at the same time offering its patrons, a place to tee off their golf acumen.
Apart from the Lawn Club, other attractions of the luxury cruise liner include a theatre, restaurants and a special class of cabins with spa facilities known as the AquaClass. And with 85% of the cabins boasting of the added amenity of verandas, the Equinox Celebrity is truly a ship to be marvelled at.
Compelling and riveting, the Celebrity Equinox cruise is a befitting culmination to one’s desire of exploring and enjoying the ocean. As much as the destination and the cruise routes of the luxury cruise liner are unique, the stay in the cruise liner also adds significantly to the magnificence of the journey. This singularity and unparalleled offering is what that makes a voyage in the Equinox Celebrity, a journey to remember for years to come.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine