Serenade of the Seas is a luxury cruise ship belonging to the fleet of Royal Caribbean Cruise Ships. Named by the famous Hollywood actress Whoopi Goldberg, the ship was launched in the year 2003. Built in the German shipyard, Meyer Werft, Serenade of the Seas is classified as being a Radiance Class Cruise Ship.
The fleets belonging to the Radiance class of ships are specifically designed to pass through the Panama Canal. As a result, such ships are known to be built as per the requirements of the Panamax standards. The Panamax standards are the required ship sizes for vessels that cross the Panama Canal.
The best cruise ship details pertaining to the route, its weight and capacity along with the amenities that make Serenade of the Seas can be explained and elaborated as follows:
- Serenade of the Seas has a passenger carrying capacity of 2,502. When considered in terms of occupancy in duality, the passenger carrying capacity comes to around 2,114. Over 891 people are employed as the crew for the ship
- The speed of the cruise ship is 22 knots. Dimension-wise the ship measures 962 feet lengthwise, 105.6 feet beam-wise and 27.9 feet draft-wise. The gross tonnage of the ship is around 90,000 tonnes
- The ship has 12 decks and 226 rooms. There are nine elevators of which six are made of glass. The beauty of the outside view experienced is magnified exponentially when one is standing in one of the six elevators built of glass
Ship Amenities and Highlights
- The sea-route of the best cruise ship Serenade of the seas is between San Juan, Puerto Rico and the South Caribbean. From 2012, Serenade of the Seas will serenade in the Mediterranean Sea starting departing from Barcelona in Spain between the months of May and November
- In one-of-a-kind variety of the Royal Caribbean cruise ships, Serenade of the Seas has a wall for rock climbing, a playing court for basketball and volleyball giving the passengers a feel of experiencing outdoor adventurous activities. Apart from these, there is also a simulated version of a country golf club for patrons who are passionate about the sport
- There is also a casino known as the Casino Royale along with a couple of nightclubs – one is specifically for teenagers while the other is for adults over the age of 18. There is also a theatre equipped with over 700 seats for interested patrons
- For people who want to carry on their business activities, there is a conference room. The ship also provides for wireless internet at nominal rates for people who want to stay connected with the outside world
- There is an indoor solarium (sun lounge) with glass panels that can be opened and retracted at any time. In addition, the cruise ship also has spas and lounges to offer on its palate
- There is a Portofino restaurant that offers authentic Tuscan cuisine along with a coffee bar of international repute and a grille for providing chops to interested patrons
This vessel of the Royal Caribbean cruise ships is truly a marvel to look and wonder at. Certain things in life need to be experienced in order to be able to explain about its wonderfulness. Cruising in the Serenade of the Seas is one such experience and the people, who have had a chance to explore the Caribbean in it, would really have an interesting adventure to share.