Carnival Breeze is the third vessel in the Carnival Cruise Lines’ Dream-Class fleet. Built at the Italian shipyard Fincantieri, Carnival Breeze along with her sister vessels – the Carnival Dream and the Carnival Magic – is the biggest ship operated by the cruise conglomerate. In addition, these vessels also have the distinction of being the biggest ships to be constructed in the Italian shipyards till date.
The first vessel in the Carnival Class (Carnival Dream) started its operation in the year 2009, while the second vessel (Carnival Magic) was launched in the year 2011. As regards the Carnival Breeze, the vessel was commissioned in the year 2009.
The Breeze will begin its operation from the June of 2012, starting with a 12-day cruise of the Mediterranean (from Venice to Barcelona). Starting November, however the vessel will commence with cruises in the Caribbean for duration between six to eight days to be carried throughout on a yearly basis.
Measuring over 1000 feet lengthwise with a gross tonnage over 1, 00,000 tonnes; the cruise ship has a capacity to carry nearly 4,000 passengers and is equipped with a crew of over 1,300 members. The maximum speed offered by the vessel is around 22 knots while the exotic destinations offered in the travel itinerary include locales like Athens and Izmir (Mediterranean) and the Grand Turk, Ocho Rios and Nassau (Caribbean).
Patrons of the Carnival Breeze can pamper themselves over exotic cuisines offered in the ship’s premier restaurants, can opt for massages and other beauty treatments in the spas, can also avail of sports’ feasibilities like soccer and basketball in the sports bar while simultaneously enjoying the uniqueness of shopping for the duration of a cruise. In addition, the ship also boasts of special attractive features for children that include a club, a gaming parlour and a special health centre.
Through the introduction of the Carnival Breeze, the Carnival Cruise Conglomerate is looking at further revolutionising its cruise vessels so as to bring about an additional boost in the already booming marine cruising sector.
References: carnival, cruisecritic
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine