Marine Auxiliary Machinery requires an in-depth study to understand and ensure the proper functioning of a ship’s main engines, piping systems, and other important supporting equipment systems.
Marine engineering officers, undergraduate students, and those preparing for marine engineering competency certificate exams should be well versed with all the requisite updates and developments in the field of marine and technology. Marine auxiliary Machinery forms an integral part of ship technology and marine engineering syllabus. For marine engineering students and those interested in enhancing their knowledge on ship’s machinery, here are the names of the top 6 books on Marine Auxiliary Machinery.
This is one must-have marine machinery book for all marine engineering students and ship’s engine crew. It provides comprehensive description for all engine room systems and offers elaborated explanation for different marine auxiliary machinery systems. Modernization in marine engineering, understanding of the rules and regulations and principles are conveyed in a practical oriented, easily accessible orderly fashion.
- Propulsion Services and heat exchanger
- Marine auxiliary machinery service systems
- Ship equipment
- Valves and pipelines
- Tank and gas cargo pumping system
- Refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Safety equipment etc
- Important marine technology
With regular revised versions and periodic updates, this marine machinery book is ideal for the Class 3 and 4 Engineer’s Certificates of Competency. Also it assists the students of the first two years of the Engineer Cadet Training Scheme and the Master’s Certificate. It reflects the greater importance of equipment reliability, fuel-efficient engines, auto-machinery, fewer marine engineering crew all for the purpose of a cost-effective operation of ships.
- Ship technology, equipment and machinery
- Marine diesel engine and marine technology
- Steam turbines and gearing
- Boilers and feed systems
- Deck machinery and hull equipment
- Shafting and propellers
- Watch keeping and safety control
- Electrical gears and instrumentation
Revised thoroughly to cope up with the rapid advances in marine technology this book is substantially effective for academic purposes required by marine engineering.
- Marine boilers and marine steam turbines
- Marine diesel engine, fuel oil quality and treatment
- Electrical machinery and power systems
- Automation and control
- Marine refrigeration plant
- Steering gears and pumping systems and safety measures
- Propellers and shafting
- Important ship technology
This marine machinery book serves the need of students preparing for the Certificates in Competency of the Department of Transport in the subject of General Engineering Knowledge, Ship technology, and the Marine Engineering Cadet Courses.
- Emphasis on basic principles
- Extensive illustrations
- Worked examples and practice examples
- Specimen exam questions in the end of every chapter
This maritime publication deals with all the principles and fundamentals of the theory, design, and operation of a definite group of marine auxiliary machinery. It allows the reader to evaluate machinery characteristics, calculation and selection and to analyse new designs in the field of marine engineering.
- Marine Fluid-Pressure Mechanisms: discussing reciprocation, rotary, centrifugal, propeller and jet pumps, fans and fluid drives
- Specialized Marine Auxiliary Machinery and marine and ship technology
- Shipboard Systems: relevant information and the special systems of ice-breakers and tankers
Comprehensive and complete information and the clarity of the line drawings constitute this marine machinery book as an asset for the preparation of Marine engineer certification.
The painstakingly exhaustive study regarding marine auxiliary machinery, marine engineering, and ship technology make this one stand apart from the rest of the list.
Do you know any other important books on marine auxiliary machinery? Let us know.