LNG as fuel is now a proven and available solution. While conventional oil-based fuels will remain the main fuel option for most existing vessels in the near future, the commercial opportunities of LNG are interesting for many newbuild and conversion projects. But taking the leap to LNG can only be made on the basis of the best possible information and a thorough analysis of your needs, both today and in the future.
DNV GL’s new report has been developed to assist you in working with all the relevant factors that come into play, based on our experience with this young technology in newbuilding, conversion projects and advisory services related to the design, construction and operation of LNG-fuelled vessels.
The new report provides extensive information on the most important topics in the sector, including:
- LNG today and tomorrow
- Alternative fuels for shipping
- LNG – The right option?
- LNG as fuel on a newbuild MR Tanker
- Retrofitting cruise ships to LNG by elongation
- LNG fuel tank concept for large vessels
- Innovating for safer and sustainable shipping
- Gas as ship fuel
- 2014 – Status for LNG as ship fuel
- Making sense of LNG containment system innovations
- Engines for gas-fuelled ships
At DNV GL we believe that the ground work has been laid for LNG to thrive in the shipping and transport sectors – and we invite you to come and take the next steps together with us.
LNG as ship fuel – Issue 01-2014