ACI’s 7th Arctic Shipping Summit 2015 will focus on discussing the practical solutions necessary for the ship owners to decide whether they should invest in utilising the Northern Sea Route. The meeting will provide updates on key developments and regulations in the Arctic, as well as present expert views on possible future advances in governing the transport routes.
The conference will also address how to overcome the operational challenges that exist while entering the region. These include navigation, communications, risk and safety management, search and rescue, vessel design and crew training. The meeting will provide an outlook for the recent innovations in ice class vessel design as well as updates on ice breaker technology.
Key Topics Include for 2015 include:
- Update from the US Representative of the Arctic Council on their Plans for the Period of the US Chairmanship
- Determining Factors which Decide on the Profitable Use of the Northern Sea Route
- Case Study Examples of Arctic Operational Experience
- International Responsibilities and the Arctic Ownership -Update on Geopolitical Situation
- Regulations Update
- Essential Technologies for Arctic Shipping
- Which Training has Proved Successful?
- Necessary Preparations for Shipping Companies Intending to Enter the Arctic
Early Confirmed Speakers:
Krister Bringeus, Senior Arctic Official, Swedish Government
Sandra Allnutt, Head Marine Technology, International Maritime Organization
Marco Graziotto, Director, Arctic Bulk AG
Jacob Skude Rasmussen, Partner, LL.M. | Partner (L), Gorrissen Federspiel
Mika Mered, Managing Partner, POLARISK-Group
Hannu Jukola, Senior Sales Manager, Steerprop
Guido Schulte, Head of Project Design Department, Nordic Yards Holding GmbH
Sebastian Villyn, Maritime Risk Analyst, Control Risks
David Bull, Senior Consultant, Ocean Shipping Consultants
Stefan Voss, Chair and Director of the Institute of Information Systems, University of Hamburg
Who Will Attend?
- Shipping Operators
- Ship Owners
- Coastguards and Transport Authorities
- Shipbuilders and Shipyards
- Repair Companies
- Vendors and Subcontractors
- Energy and Mining Companies
- Naval Architects and Engineers
- Ice Forecasters and Meteorologists
- Ice Management Specialists
- Brokers, Financiers and Investors
Find more details here.