The Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) course provides mechanical engineering graduates an opportunity to take up one year course and enter merchant navy by becoming a marine engineer.
In order to become a marine engineer after doing mechanical engineering, one needs to do a compulsory 1-year Graduate marine engineering course.
In India, this course is offered by 20 institutes which are approved by the Directorate General of Shipping. They are mentioned below.
Contact the institute directly in order to know more about the course and admission procedure.
20 Colleges Offering Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) Course in India
1. HIMT College, Kanchipuram, Tamilnadu
2. Academy of Maritime Education & Training, Chennai
3. Coimbatore Marine Centre, Coimbatore
4. Chidamabarm Institute of Maritime Technology, Chennai
5. Mangalore Marine College, Mangalore
6. Institute of Maritime Studies, Vasco-da-Gama,Goa
7. Cochin Shipyard Ltd.,Perumanoor,Kochi
8. Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, Lonavala, Maharashtra
9. Vel’s Academy of Maritime Education and Training, Chennai
10. Maritime Foundation, Chennai
12. International Maritime Institute Ltd, Greater Noida
13. Great Eastern shipping company Training Institute, Lonavala, Pune
14. RL Institute of Nautical Science, Madurai
15. PSN College of Engineering, Tirunelveli
16. C.V. Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar
17. Vishwakarma Maritime Institute, Pune
18. Praveenya Institute of Marine Engineering & Maritime Studies, Vizag, AP
19. Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy, Karjat, Maharashtra.
20. Marine Engineering and Research Institute, [IMU Mumbai Campus], Mumbai
The website of MERI doesn’t have the direct contact details. You can use the following details to enquire about the course
IMU Mumbai Campus (T. S. Chanakya), Karave, New Mumbai 400 706. Tel : (022) 2770 1935 / 2770 3876. Fax : (022) 2770 0398 Email : email@example.com